Studio Policies 2022-2023
Online (zoom) Lessons
- Masks are not required, but if you prefer to wear it please do so.
- I ask that students stay home if feeling sick or experiencing COVID-like symptoms.
- All students are required to wash their hands with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer provided by the studio before lessons.
- Students should remove and leave shoes at the front. I recommend wearing socks.
- Students are expected to arrive for lessons on time with all their materials and music.
- Parents may drop-off/pick-up only. Family members are not permitted inside the studio.
- For legal and safety reasons, parents must drop off and pick up children within 5 minutes of lesson start and end times.
Online (zoom) Lessons
- ONLINE lessons will take place via Zoom. Students should have a camera/device set up prior to the scheduled lesson time.
- Need an extra camera/device (cellphone, iPad or PC) during the online lesson. Students will play with the Piano Adventures Player Mobile App/sing with my YouTube videos during the lesson.
Piano (piano students)
- An acoustic PIANO in the best possible condition, tuned yearly, is required.
- An acoustic piano is absolutely required for student who plan to audition at the school of the arts.
- Electric pianos are acceptable provided they come equipped with 88 weighted keys and sustained 3 pedals. I don’t recommend a portable digital keyboard. I am available to assist you to locate a suitable piano.
- Three Ring Folder with plastic cover sheets (piano, voice students)
- Metronome (piano students): You may purchase or download a free metronome app.
- CD Player/Tablet or Apple Device (beginner piano students)
- A well-tuned piano, weighted keyboard in good working order in a room without distractions are necessary for effective practice.
- All students will be required to maintain a daily at-home practice schedule. This is an important part of the discipline required to improve musical ability.
- I film each student’s lesson and send the video link the same lesson day or next morning. Students and parents can watch to review lesson & progress.
- I create practice lessons videos (piano tutorials, vocal accompaniment) for each student. The video is available on each student's playlist of my YouTube channel (un-listed). It is the parent’s responsibility to show these to the student.
- Parents and students are strongly encouraged to communicate via text/email regarding assignment clarification, practice, or other questions.
Recommended Practice Guidelines:
- Young Beginner – Book A, B (15+ minutes a day, 5+ days per week)
- Beginner – Book C/Primer Level (30+ minutes a day, 5+ days per week)
- Later Beginner – Level 1, 2 (45+ minutes, 6+ days per week)
- Beginner Intermediates – Level 3, 4 (60+ minutes, 6+ days per week)
- Intermediate – Sonatina, Bach Invention Level (120+ minutes, everyday)
- Advanced – Sonata, Bach Prelude & Fugue Level (240+ minutes, everyday)
- Age under 10 years (15+ minutes a day, 3+ days per week)
- Age 10-13 years (45+ minutes a day, 4+ days per week)
- Age 14-18 years (75+ minutes a day, 6+ days per week)
- You or your child might be photographed, filmed during classes, recitals or any other events. These photos are to be used by Nana's Voice & Piano Studio on the website, as well as facebook and instagram pages. In such cases, there will be no compensation, recognition, or acknowledgement.
- Follow the studio’s social media to see occasional announcements, highlights of student's success and more.
- Students are expected to perform at Studio Recitals. (Spring/Winter) Recitals are treated as exams demonstrating what students have accomplished.
- The dress for all recitals is formal.
- Students who have missed more than two lessons in a semester may not participate in recitals.
- Young Artist Students will participate in Palm Beach County Music Teachers Associate and Florida State Music Teacher National Association performances & competitions and any other events. In addition, encouraged to take other competitions and auditions.
- No registration, annual fee
- Monthly payments are due at the first lesson of each month.
- I accept cash, online payment Zelle. If you use online payment, payment is needed before the lesson starts.
- A $20 late fee is assessed for each late payment.
- Weekly Lessons: Flat-Monthly Payment. (*You pay for 4 appointments per month, when your lesson occurs on a month where are 5 weeks on that day, either skip one lesson or receive one free lesson.)
- Lesson schedules may change during the summer break. (June-August)
Students/parents are required to provide: recital, studio class, audition, any other performance fees; piano accompanist fee (voice student), piano books, song books, sheets music, binder.
- 24-hours cancellation notice is required to schedule a make-up lesson based upon mutual availability.
- I do not offer refunds or credits on missed lessons for any reason. Make up lessons are available.
- No more than 2 make up lessons per month are allowed, but make-up credit will expire after 30 days.
- If I am sick or have a conflict with a scheduled lesson, you will be offered appropriate option to make up for the missed lessons.
- A 30 day advanced notice is required if you wish to discontinue lessons. If you do not give 30-day notice, you are expected to pay for the following month.
Nana's Voice & Piano Studio reserves the right to dismiss any student who continually is unprepared for the weekly lesson, or other difficult conditions, including but not limited to:
- Failure to pay tuition on time
- Persistent unexcused absences
- Uncooperative attitude from either student or parent/legal guardian
- Failure to follow practice as instructed + lack of progress + unfulfilled requirements
- Not bringing books & materials